DERWENT LOWER SCHOOL AND SOUTHILL LOWER SCHOOL
Derwent Lower School is a good school (Ofsted 2018),
with children at the heart of everything we do.
We are a welcoming, inclusive school. We have beautiful, extensive grounds that are set in a semi-rural environment in Henlow.
Southill Lower School is a good school (Ofsted 2016),
which nurtures values, grows inspiration and raises aspirations.
We are a small, friendly school. We have an idyllic rural setting in grounds owned by the Whitbread estate in the stunning village of Southill.
Teaching Assistant and Lunchtime Support
We are looking to appoint a part time Teaching Assistant to join our federation. The position will be in our KS1 class.
Salary: Pont 1
Hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8.45am - 1.00pm / 1.30pm - 3.30pm
Contract: Fixed Term until September 2021 (term time only, plus 1 training day)
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Enjoy a varied workload
- Be able to work on their own initiative but also be a committed team player.
- Have high levels of motivation and be able to engage and inspire
- Be able to lead children by example
- Be passionate about working with children
- Have a kind and supportive approach towards children
- Be well organised and motivated
- Have the ability to foster good relationships with parents and carers
- Ensure safeguarding and the welfare of children is a priority
- Have a good level of understanding of special educational needs
- Hold or be willing to train in Paediatric First Aid
We can offer you:
- A workplace that is alive with children laughing and learning
- Excellent support from our dedicated team of staff
- A commitment to on-going professional development
- A school committed to staff well-being
Virtual tours of the schools are available to view here -
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are conditional and subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 12 Noon on Monday 1 February 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Start Date: To be agreed with the successful candidate
Class teachers at Derwent / Southill
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Class Teacher (MPS). Applications are welcomed from both NQTs and experienced teachers.
At both sites we can offer successful applicants:
Enthusiastic children whose behaviour is exemplary.
Professional, dedicated and supportive colleagues.
A welcoming environment where we would be looking for collaborative working as part of a proposed federation.
A full programme of support for NQTs.
Alternatively, you can contact Derwent School
office for an application form. Tel: 01462 812047
All staff are committed to the safety and welfare of children.
Virtual tours of the schools are available to view here - https://tours.e4education.co.uk/derwent_lower_school/
We would also encourage candidates to book for external tours of either school which will be undertaken by members of the senior team.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date 9am on Monday 18th January 2021
Interview date – Face to face interviews will be held on either Thursday 28th or Friday 29th January 2021 at Derwent Lower School
Start date: April 2021 or September 2021